ReedTMS will be hosting an open house for its 2018 Summer Internship Program this Friday!
The Freight Broker Internship Program is listed on Handshake here, and is accessible to senior level students and up: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1359634. The open house will take place at ReedTMS Logistics Tampa Based Headquarters located at 615 S Ware Blvd Tampa, Fl 33619 from 1-3PM. The open house will give Reed employees the ability to meet potential teammates and will also allow the interns to gather a better understanding of Reed’s services and corporate culture.
The role of the Freight Broker Intern is to develop an understanding of ReedTMS brokerage and transportation services within the logistics and transportation industry, from dispatch to carrier sales.
What you can expect to learn:
- A basic understanding of the transportation and logistics industry
- How to navigate through our transportation management software and common challenges that occur
- How to track and monitor freight throughout the life cycle of the load; the dispatch process
- Carrier relations and building internal carrier capacity
- How to foster excellent customer service techniques
- Market trends, cycles and seasonalities that affect shipper and carrier rates
- Prompt and decisive communication
- Other objectives TBD between Intern and Mentor
About ReedTMS Logistics:
Family owned and operated, ReedTMS is a transportation provider comprised of Reed Transport Services, Inc. and TMS Logistics, Inc. Reed Transport offers high-quality brokerage and freight management services while TMS Logistics is an asset-based provider for dry van, dedicated fleet services. The success of each company relies heavily on the quality of the people we attract and retain. Both Reed Transport and TMS Logistics promote an employee-centric culture that emphasizes teamwork, personal growth, and challenging work with rewards for success. A free flow of communication, ideas and innovative thinking is encouraged throughout every department. Employee suggestions are received in a positive and respectful manner and given full consideration for implementation. All employees are greatly valued; they are critical to each company’s success.
For more information, contact Internship Coordinator Sarah Drake at 813.369.6510 or firstname.lastname@example.org